There are many people in this world who are suffering due to a condition known as teeth grinding. Teeth grinding is a condition where people clench or grind their teeth subconsciously. If you wake up with a headache or sore jaw in the morning every day, teeth grinding can be a reason for it. Teeth grinding is also known as bruxism. If you ignore this condition without taking the treatment, it can cause various problems like tooth loss, tooth fractures, bleeding gums, tooth sensitivity, and many more.
To get proper treatment for teeth grinding, approach a good family dentist in Monterey Park, CA. If you do not have an idea about dentists in California, read the patient reviews online. To save you time, here is a piece of advice for you. Meet the dentists at Dentistry For Children & Adults if you are looking for the best treatment for dental problems like teeth grinding. Check their patient reviews, and you will understand how satisfied they are with their dental treatments.
Teeth Grinding: Symptoms
- Face pain
- Neck pain
- Jaw pain
- Sleep problem
- Loose or chipped or fractured teeth
- Locked jaw
Teeth Grinding: Causes
- Stress can cause various health and dental problems, and one of them is teeth grinding. If you are working long hours, make sure that you take enough rest daily. Otherwise, it can lead to the buildup of stress.
- Drinking alcohol and smoking can also cause teeth grinding. If you have a habit of drinking alcohol or smoking regularly, you will be at more risk for teeth grinding. People who drink too much coffee are also at risk of developing teeth grinding. You must stay away from alcohol and smoking completely to reduce teeth grinding.
- Growing teeth can also cause problems like teeth grinding. In most children, bruxism resolves on its own. However, it is better to see a dentist if you notice the signs of bruxism in your children.
- Sleep apnea can also increase the risk of teeth grinding. People with sleep apnea can make their breathing start and stop several times.
- Certain mental health problems like anxiety and depression can cause teeth grinding. Do meditation every day to feel better.
- Certain neurological conditions can also cause teeth grinding.
- Massage your jaws before going to sleep every day.
Try some breathing techniques before going to sleep to enjoy quality sleep. You can even try some mouth exercises to reduce teeth grinding. Follow the instructions of your dentists to reduce teeth grinding.